Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Exersaucer Overload



A friend of mine told me it was time for Alexa to try her exersaucer so once I got off the phone with her I tromped down to the basement and dug through the boxes to haul it upstairs. After dumping out the pieces and noticing that springs and screws were involved, this good idea had to be put to a halt. The pieces were sprawled on the floor for a couple of days as a hint to Keith that the exersaucer project just became HIS exersaucer project, by default. Keith and I took off for work and even Tommy (who was staying with us) tried to put it together and stopped. Good intentions, right? Finally Keith with help from Tommy and a few brews from Oregon put the contraption together. Wow was all I could say when it was put together- that should really keep her busy. The first attempt she cried. Second attempt, with more blankets to support her body, she was a little overwhelmed. But, lately she is really liking it especially when her head or hands accidentally hit a button to make noise or light up. She only can handle it for a little while because it's stimulus overload. Wait until she figures out that she is surrounded by an array of toys. I wonder when I will get sick of hearing chimes or the barking dogs or howling monkeys or the little high pitched annoying voice telling me what colors she is pushing?? Until then, she will be exercising in the saucer.

No comments:

Post a Comment